Oct 17, 2011

Tying up a loose end: A letter to God.




Dear God,

I had a long week and a hard one too. And I realized I missed You badly.

You see, God, this week, I didn't miss a single minute of my numerous weekly fellowship or a single hour of choir practice. I taught in Sunday School with passion today, and I felt I got my points across my students. I haven't missed a single minute of my daily prayers and I am well ahead in my Weekly Scripture reading table. What's more, God?? I'm all decked up to leave in a couple of days for a Mission Work Camp to a place that I've prayed for the past five years and Lord, I couldn't be more excited!!

Yet, somehow, I had a nasty fight with two of the closest people in my life. So here I am, past midnight, still hurting from the fight and unsure what to do next.

I know I shouldn't be doing this... coming to You before I've made amends with them. But Lord, they've hurt me too!! In ways I've never been hurt before. And I admit I still hold the grudge and I'm too much of a chicken-heart to go talk to them before coming to You.

Which made me realize how far away I am from You! What was the use of all those prayers, those bible readings, the choir practices and the numerous services I never missed, if I am not living a life that reflects what I read and pray about!?

I'm sorry, Lord, for turning Our relationship into a ritual and a social life.

Remind me once again that my relationship with You should translate into a good relationship with the people around me. 



This is Me signing off 

Love,
S




No comments: